Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thank God for friends

I honestly have been having a tough few days. I know there are going to be tons of emotions as we get closer to the day of our baby girl getting here. On both sides.

The birth mom is staying with a very dear friend of ours until the baby gets here, and I am getting to see both sides of this process. I get to hear how she talks about going home empty handed. How she feels she is giving away her heart. I know that my friend isn't trying to scare me. She is honestly struggling with being on both sides as well. She said she cant come see the baby right away and then go back home and mourn with the birth mom.

I know that it is Satan trying to steal my joy. I have had FEARS the past few days like never before. Fears of her backing out, fears of her changing her mind before the adoption is final, fears of her being in the same town. Fears. I wont let Satan steal my joy.

I was on Facebook this morning God used a friend. She posted the following verses that I know by heart. Trust in the LORD with all your heart!! Proverbs 3:5-6 For I know the plans I have for YOU, says the LORD!! Jeremiah 29:11 Isn't if funny how we know verses but seem to forget them in times of trouble ect. Crystal didn't even know how much I needed to be reminded that GOD knows the plan for us and this baby girl. She also didn't know how much I needed to be reminded to fully TRUST HIM.

Thank you God for using friends for gentle reminders. Thank you God for loving me even when I (we) forget all that you have told us to do. Thank you God for all that you have done for our family now and in the future. I may not know the plans, but YOU do.
Please keep praying for the birth mom and us.

1 comment:

Just Believing said...

Yes continue staying faithful! Satan is trying ot steal you joy and in the amazing process of adoption there are so many things to fear but you know what? God already knows exactly everything that will happen and IN ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love Him!

Praying for you and your daughters sweet birthmother...