Friday, October 8, 2010

A rough two weeks

I hate sickness. No, I hate things that take people from you that you love. It has been a very long two weeks. I hate watching my husband hurt.
Two weeks ago, my father in law went in for a heart cath. He came out of surgery and was fine. An hour later they noticed his speech was slurred and he wasnt acting right. He had a massive stroke. They figure he had it after he was brought out because he was fine for a while. He ended up slowly losing his speech, movement on his left side and honestly his personality. He ended up becoming aggressive and that is not like him. He spent the next 5 days being sedated and restrained. He also developed a very bad pneumonia.
They woke him up a week ago and he is moving a little better. We dont know what he remembers and who he remembers. He still hasnt regained any speech. He will be having to get a feeding tube tomorrow because he has failed two swallow test.
Please pray for him and us. He has a very long hard road ahead of him.

1 comment:

TaDa! Creations said...

Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for your family.