Thursday, September 6, 2012

First day of second grade!

Wahoo! Jake started second grade this year. He is by far the tallest kid in his class. He is kinda proud of that one.
I always forget to have Sam take my pic with him. Oh well, I am just glad I got Jake to pose for me! He has decided he shouldn't take pictures. He was willing to let me snap several different ones.
I had to keep myself from crying. This was a big deal for both of us. I have homeschooled Jake the last 3 years, so this was a big change on top of moving! We thought this would be a great way for Jake to meet new friends. Sam is just a typical guy that doesn't seem to get emotional about anything!
He has liked school so far. He is ahead of his group because of the stuff we have covered the last 3 years. He said he liked being the smartest. Ha. He will go to this school the full year, even after the new house is finished. I was wanting him to start at the school where we were building but they have new rules and he cant go until the house is finished. I think we will let him stay the full school year where he is at and transfer at the beginning of next year. I worried that being the new kid in the middle of the year would be rough. Once again, hubby said I worry to much!

No comments: